Canberra CBD Limited is hiring!
We currently have an opening for an Events and Project Officer.
This position is a project officer supporting the CEO of Canberra CBD Limited. Most of the work time is planning, delivering and reporting on events and improvements projects (see Duties for more detail). You will be in direct contact by email, on the phone and in person. There are regular administration and reporting tasks notably contributing to the monthly status report presented to the Board of Directors. Keeping the Customer Relationship database up to date is also important.
There is strategic planning of tasks and a commitment to teamwork. There are no staff management responsibilities. A mature and enthusiastic approach and a high level of interpersonal and communication skills are required along with a sophisticated understanding of customer service, conflict resolution and problem solving techniques.
This is permanent full time position, Monday to Friday however the position requires the ability to work flexible hours including after-hours weekends to deliver events. The salary is up to $80,000 pa exclusive of superannuation (salary depends on experience).
- Demonstrated experience in project, program, event management and public relations.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Excellent interpersonal and organisational skills
- Enthusiasm, flexibility and a proactive approach
- Ability to act independently within agreed parameters
- Demonstrated experience in successfully working in a small team
- Experience in working with the ACT Government
- Experience in working with the property and business and retail sectors
- Highly IT literate and competent in the use of MS Office. Facebook, Twitter and WordPress is a bonus.
- Familiarity with mobile working
- An understanding of Customer Relationship Management tools
You can find the job description and duty statement here.
Applications close at close of business on 14 May 2015 and must be sent by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
*Only successful applicants will be contacted.