Grants In The City
Grants In The City:
- Supports individuals, groups and businesses to realise their projects in the heart of Canberra.
- Recognises the value of bringing the community together and growing pride in the CBD.
In The City Canberra:
- Recognises that events and cultural activities play a key role in fostering new and repeat visitation to the city centre and consequent economic benefits.
- Wants the city centre’s streets and spaces to come alive through community run activations, interventions and tried-and-tested events intended to increase the vibrancy and vitality of the city centre.
- Aims to have the best approach to efficiently and effectively deliver a fair and equitable Grants in the City program.
How does it work?
The Grants In The City overview can be viewed here.
There are two grant tiers to suit project ideas. The level of detail submitted in the professional and popular application must demonstrate the level of grant funding being applied for.
There will be two rounds of applications for the remainder of 2017. Grants open and close on the following dates;
- The first round will be open midday 9 May and close on midday 3 July
- The Second round will open on 4 August and close on 29 September
During times when the application process is closed the independent panel will be assessing the grants, ITCC will notify all applicants. Notification where possible will be provided in early August for first round of applicants allowing projects that may not have been successful an opportunity to review their project and potentially resubmit during the second round.
Please note, ITCC may at its discretion contact applicants prior to the grant rounds closing and approve projects.
Public Grants: up to $2,000
Anyone can create a public activity with up to $2,000. You don’t have to be an event manager or artist to bring people together with this grant. Apply and make a great idea happen in the city.
Grants for Professionals and Popular Ideas: $2,000 – $80,000
Projects with a wide impact on the activity of the city. Established festivals and large-scale tourism events coordinated by professionals. If you have a proven idea or experience in delivering a certain style of project.
Examples of projects might be; events for more than 1,000 people, semi-permanent installations or a large-scale awareness campaigns.