Grants In The City
- Supports individuals, groups and businesses to realise their projects in the heart of Canberra.
- Recognises the value of bringing the community together and growing pride in the CBD.
In The City Canberra:
- Recognises that events and cultural activities play a key role in fostering new and repeat visitation to the city centre and consequent economic benefits.
- Wants the city centre’s streets and spaces to come alive through community run urban experiments and tried-and-tested events intended to increase the vibrancy and vitality of the city centre.
- Aims to have the best approach to efficiently and effectively deliver a fair and equitable Grants in the City program.
How does it work?
The Grants In The City overview can be viewed here.
There are three grant tiers to suit a variety of project ideas. The level of detail required in your application increases with each tier.
Public Grants: up to $2000
Anyone can create a public activity with up to $2000. You don’t have to be an event manager or artist to bring people together with this grant. Apply and make a great idea happen in the city.
Grants for Popular Ideas: $2000 – $10,000 *APPLICATIONS NOW CLOSED
If you have a proven idea or experience in delivering the style of project, apply for up to $10,000. Examples of projects might be events for more than 500 people, semi-permanent installations or a large-scale awareness campaign.
Grants for Professionals: $10,000 – $50,000 *APPLICATIONS NOW CLOSED
The top tier is for projects with a wide impact on the activity of the city. Established festivals and large-scale tourism events coordinated by professionals can apply for up to $50,000.