As of 1 January 2018, the management of the City Centre Marketing and Improvements Levy transferred from In The City Canberra to the City Renewal Authority. Views expressed in these articles may not reflect the views of the Authority.
For many of us the realisation that Christmas is just around the corner may come with a slight wave of panic. But shopping for gifts doesn’t have to be stressful and exhausting! Shop local this Christmas and enjoy the sunshine as you walk the buzzing streets of Braddon. We’ve done our research of boutiques for all your Christmas needs – better yet they are all within walking distance of Braddon’s popular Lonsdale Street. Braddon’s boutiques can offer a range of Christmas presents, you’re sure to find something for everyone!
Who doesn’t love a new piece of statement clothing for Christmas? Whether you’re after something simple and sophisticated or edgy and chic Braddon has you covered.
- iSkip iTrip – A quirky boutique when you’re after something with personality, heart, quality and distinctive.
- Pink Ink – A luxury retail experience when you’re after something high-end, stylish and fashion forward. Pink ink also provides an exclusive personal styling service, allowing women to dress for their body types and lifestyles.
- Rebel Muse – Standalone boutique proving chic and edgy clothing through a fun, exciting and personal shopping experience. Rebel Muse prides themselves on stocking Australia’s best Designer labels.
- Assemblage Project – A studio and retail space with the purpose of designing clothing for women. This boutique is a creative outlet stocking Canberra and Melbourne labels with a relaxed, elegant and simple style.
Now some may argue that the men in your life are slightly more difficult to buy for. But fear not, we’ve compiled a further list of traditional and more alternate gift ideas for the special men in your life all situated in the buzzing hub of Braddon.
- Groomed– Groomed provides a place for the gentlemen of Canberra to recharge their chivalry and emerge with a dapper haircut, hot towel shave and ready to cease the day. A gift card or service certificate is the perfect way to treat your significant other, relative or friend this Christmas.
- Bentspoke – With 18 different varieties of beer and cider need we say more? The Bentspoke Traveller is a two Litre refillable, insulated and pressurised container perfect for the storage fresh tap beer on the go. A perfect replacement for the old esky.
Whether you’re looking for knickknacks, small furniture or gifts Braddon has array of unique and individual offerings for all occasions. For something personal this Christmas check out the homewares stores below.
- Handsome Pretty – A boutique providing a fresh concept for designs, curated colour and inspiring collections of homewares, furniture and gifts. Collections are sourced from around Australia and worldwide and will also match the bank charges on each EFTPOS and credit sale and donate them to charity.
- The Hive – Providing boutique, impeccably crafted homewares and accessories, The Hive collects local art, craft and design. Supplying gorgeous gift ware, homewares and lighting, designer jewellery and fashion accessories.
If you’re looking for a kiddie oasis, you’re in luck! Between the two kids’ boutiques in Braddon you’re bound to find a selection of present perfect for Santa gifts or Christmas stockings.
- Lellow Kids – kids clothing, shoes, toys and gifts for ages 0-14. Stocking unique brands, this store is owned by a local mum so you know you’re in for a treat!
- Tip You’re It – Tip You’re It brings original and quality products into children’s wardrobes and bedrooms.
Braddon is one of the most unique and ever changing shopping precincts in Canberra. So, head on over for all your Christmas shopping needs and while you’re at it reward your hard work with a freshly roasted coffee!
Image via itrip iskip.